Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Godet Jacket - More Final Photos




As I promised! I few (haha) more pictures of the final jacket. Again, I'm not sure how happy I am with it, I really wish it were a little more fitted but I'm SO proud of myself for making it nonetheless. This really was one of those projects (and to be honest there really aren't many of those) that I thought everything through and was really meticulous with the details.


 I'm not completely happy with how the waist fits, I wish it were more fitted!


 See how much smaller my waist is??


At some point thinking about everything got kind of tiring and I was craving an easy project but I had to stick with it for the RTW Contest! The last weekend I worked on it was SO STRESSFUL, I had one full day to sew (Friday) because I wanted to take pictures of the final jacket the next day in the daylight. I think I ended up making the bound buttonholes,  sewing the lining, attaching the lining to the jacket and doing all the hand sewing in a day in a half. I really don't know why I thought making bound buttonholes will be a good idea, I mean \, I did manage to finish the jacket in time but I don't think I left the house on Friday (I have windows in my bedroom so at least I saw some daylight).


Close up of the collar (THAT CAN'T SEEM TO LIE DOWN) and the bound buttonholes:


Close up of the godet. I really like this picture, I don't know why!


And the sleeve!


OK!! No more pictures!
I hope you guys aren't sick of reading about the jacket by now because I have at least one more post lined up about it (or maybe even two! More construction details and tailoring details. Do you wan to kill me? I hope not!)

So what do you think? If you like it I'd love for you to vote for me on the RTW Contest on Pattern review. To vote you can click here!
I'd love to hear your thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job!! Can't believe you designed the pattern on your own. It looks awesome and the details are so lovely. Be proud girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...